Sell on Facebook
Facebook Shops is a good place to sell products and services and their role can be significant for small businesses. The latter can build an online store and provide access to their customers on both Facebook and Instagram. Now Facebook Shops allows the selling of products and services using WhatssApp, Messenger and Instagram.
Here are the steps necessary to set up a Facebook Shop and sell your products.
1. Setting Up Accounts and Implementing Check for Compliance
The first thing you have to do when starting your online store on Facebook is to ensure that the following are in place:
- Facebook uses merchant agreement and commerce policies. Make sure your products meet the requirements of those documents.
- Set up a business account on both Instagram and Facebook simultaneously. This will help you sell your products in more efficient way and reach more people.
- Remember that you are the Business Manager admin of your online store.
- Keep in mind that your Facebook page and Instagram account are linked to the account of the Business Manager.
2. Creating a Facebook Business Page
In order to start a Facebook Shop, it is necessary to create a free page for your business on Facebook. Remember that you need a separate Facebook page for your business and you cannot consider using your personal account. In contrast to your personal page, a Facebook business page will give you different marketing advantages, such as:
- Allows your customers to search and find your business as well as read your professional content.
- Offers a wide range of free marketing strategies.
- Providing you with a large variety of affordable advertising tools
- Providing you with a potential customer base of more than 2.85 billion Facebook users.
3. Set Up Your Commerce Manager
Your Facebook Shop will be initially set up using Commerce Manager. Here you can also connect your E-commerce platform to your online store. In order to set up the Commerce Manager, you should Login to Commerce Manager, click Get Started with Shops and setup your preferred checkout methods. Here you will have three methods for checkout: Another website, Facebook or Instagram and Messaging.
- You can use the ‘Another Website’ option if you have a website for your online store. When you choose this option, your customers will be able to explore your shop on Facebook, but when they move to the checkout, they will be directed to the online store’s webpage.
- If you use the checkout method with Messaging, you allow your buyers to message your shop using Messenger or WhatsApp to be able to complete the payment. In this case, you have to set up your own payment processing mechanism.
- If your choice is Facebook or Instagram, your customers will stay on your Facebook shop and make the payment there. It is important to know that currently only sellers located in the US can use this feature.
4. Options of Selling on Facebook
Selling on Facebook provides you with two options: Either having a Facebook Shop which is fully integrated, or connecting your online website to Facebook and synchronising your products. Here is a small analysis of these two options.
Advantages of Using Facebook Shop Exclusively
- Listing your products for sale on the Facebook Shop is free.
- Facebook has instructions, which you can use to guide you through every stage of your business development.
Disadvantages of Using Facebook Shop Exclusively
- There is lot of manual work involved, such as managing orders, which will become time consuming when you have many orders to process.
- When selling products exclusively on Facebook, you do not have another place for your sales.
Advantages of Syncing an Online Store/E-commerce Platform
- E-commerce platforms offer you automated tools for the management of orders and shipping processes.
- Automation helps save resources, especially time.
Disadvantages of Syncing an Online Store/E-commerce Platform
- The most important disadvantage is the cost, as in most cases you will have to make monthly payments to E-commerce platform providers.
5. Add Products to Your Catalog
The next step is starting to add products to your catalog. You can do this using the Catalog Manager tool. Keep in mind, that you can only build a catalog for physical products.
6. Market Your Products
Now, when your product catalog is ready, you can start to promote your Facebook shop. Here are two ways of implementing effective promotional tactics.
Have Good Product Listings
When users search for a product, usually search engines provide them with information based on the product descriptions. With this in mind be sure to create correct and detailed descriptions. Good product listing has the following four components:
- High quality product images.
- Detailed descriptions on your products.
- Information on product size and weight.
- Product numbers and unit numbers for inventory stock keeping.
Run Ads, Promotions and Campaigns
This is a step which cannot be skipped out on if you want to have a healthy, growing and successful business.
Scroll down to read our indepth Ecommerce Platforms guide. What you should know, Ecommerce Platforms features, price plans and support.
Pros and Cons of Ecommerce Platforms as a ecommerce, everything is explained below.
Sell On Facebook Table of Contents
Sell On Facebook Shopify is a software company that specialises in ecommerce software for small to enterprise level businesses.
Sell On Facebook Shopify is listed as the best ecommerce software. Shopify was founded in 2006 in Ottawa, Canada and currently has over 6,124 employees registered on Linkedin.